Based on the open source Sun Grid Engine and Univa Grid Engine projects following documentation was generated:
- Manual pages for all command line commands (like qsub, qconf, etc.)
- HTML Java Class Documentation for Java DRMAA 1.0
- JGDI Java Class Documentation
- Java Class Documentation related to the Map and Reduce Grid Engine integration
- JJSV Java Class Documentation for Java JSV
This documentation was released under SISSL license (http://gridengine.sunsource.net/Gridengine_SISSL_license.html). The old Sun WIKI is not freely available and was shutdown meanwhile.
The commercial Univa Grid Engine (UGE) comes with additional guides (installation guide, user guides, admin guides) and further up to date and well written documentation containing a lot of real world examples. They are not freely distributable.
Nice Grid Engine training slides covering several basic topics can be found here in the HPC Knowledge Portal.
Here is a presentation I held at the Open Grid Forum (OGF) 28 about Sun Grid Engine 6.2u5.
For a general introduction you can read Sun Grid Engine for Dummies from DanT's Grid Blog.